You are going to spend the lesson understanding the impacts of Huricane Sandy that occurred in late October 2012.
- Watch this video clip to understand what happened during the hurricane.
- Now watch this clip to undestand why the hurricane caused so much damage.
- Make a table like the one below in a word document, make it nice and big.
- Now watch the video clip again and fill in the boxes.
- Follow this link to the BBC website, it shows a map of the destruction in New York City. Pick up any extra information that you can use to add to the table.
- From the same website choose one image from the photo bank that you think sums up the destruction caused by Sandy most clearly. Write a brief description explaining why you have chosen it.
- Continue to research the actions that have taken place to assist the recovery of areas hit by Sandy. How successful have these been.
- Finally, write a comment on this blog (using the ‘leave a comment’ icon to the bottom right of this post) explaining briefly the advice you would give to citizens on the east coast of America to help them to protect against future hurricanes.
|Economic Impacts(Money)||Environmental Impacts(The landscape)|
|Social Impacts(People’s lives)||Political Impacts(The Government)|