Below are a variety of articles relating to European migration since the UK signed up to the Schengen Agreement as part of their membership of the EU. You will be allocated an article to read and you then write a 50 word summary which you will post as a comment. You must then follow the blog comments and pose questions to your classmates regarding their posts. You will of course have to answer questions too.
1. This is a link to the history of Polish migration to the UK.
2. There are details on the extent of polish migration on polishmigration.co.uk
3. Here the Daily Telegraph explains some of the reasons Polish migrants find the UK so appealing.
4.This article reveals why some migrants are returning home.
5. This article from the Daily Mail explains that Polish return home is a myth.
6. This is a link to a discussion on the forum Mumsdotnet which points to problems with Polish migrants. Beware there is strong language here.
7. Here the Spectator describes that some issues with Polish migrants are a myth.
8. The next group of migrants that have begun to arrive in are Romanians and Bulgarians. The Huffington Post explains.