The police force have a website which allows you to investigate the types of crime that have occurred recently in your neighbourhood. You can find the website by clicking here.
Once you are on the website complete the following.
1. Type in the post code for your home and press enter.
2. Click on the ‘street level updates’ link on the right which will generate a map showing the number and location of crimes committed in Nov 2012 in your area.
3. Take a screen grab (or print screen) of the map so you can print it out and stick it in your book.
4. Using the table on the left of the page make a list of the five most common crimes in your area.
5. Have a closer look at the map and your list, can you explain why these crimes occur in your neighbourhood? Are there any areas that might be more prone to crime than others? If so, why? Write a brief paragraph in your book explaining your thoughts.